Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kitchen Update - wooden valance

We've slowly, as in glacial pace, been updating our kitchen.  A few years ago (YES, YEARS!) we put in new countertops and bamboo flooring.  I've just finished painting the walls, ceiling and back door.  For wall color I chose Behr Ultra "water sprout"; the ceiling, trim and back door are Behr Ultra "summer jasmine".

For the past 6 months, I've been watching my favorite blogs and Pinterest for window valance ideas.  I knew I wanted a wooden valance (white) that could double as a shelf - and had sent my husband several pictures for ideas.

Here is what we came up with:
Hubby did a beautiful job! I've been collecting vintage kitchen utensils and now have a spot to display some of them.  We got curtain panels from Bed, Bath and Beyond (love their 20% off coupons!); 36" for the back door and another 24" set for the kitchen window.  However, I cut the 24" window panels down to 12" and installed them with a tension rod inside the valance. I love the progress.  My hubby/handyman is working on another shelf for over the pocket door that leads to our laundry room.  When I have some time off from work, I'm going to refinish the cupboards with Rustoleum's cabinet transformation kit.

Have a great Friday!
-TracyP



No comments:

Post a Comment